HALLIE EPHRON: I love Love LOVED the first Star Wars movie. Liked the second one. And the rest were a complete waste of time designed, as far as I can tell, primarily to sell lunchboxes and action figures. There were special effects galore but it felt s if they'd hired a wookie to write the dialogue.
I'm thrilled to hear that STAR WARS: The Force Awakens is getting enthusiastic thumbs-up from reviewers. Can't wait to see it!
So for those of you who, like me, are ready for your Star Wars fix, here's a little quiz to take you back to that first Star Wars experience.
For each of these quotes from the movie.
Who is speaking, and about whom (or what)?
Your choices:A. Princess Leia
B. Luke Skywalker
C. Han Solo
D. Obi-Wan Kenobi
E. Darth Vader
I. The Millenium Falcon
1. Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
2. This is all your fault.
3. Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?
4. Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.
5. I would much rather have gone with Master Luke than stay here with you. I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault.
6. Escape is not his plan. I must face him alone.
7. I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?
8. Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!
9. This is some rescue! You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?
10. Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy.
11. I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...
12. Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.
13. Will you shut up and listen to me! Shut down all the garbage smashers on the detention level, will ya? Do you copy? Shut down all the garbage smashers on the detention level! Shut down all the garbage mashers on the detention level!
14. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.
15. Help! I think I'm melting! This is all your fault!
16. Where did you dig up that old fossil?
17. I knew there was more to you than money.
18. Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them.
My favorite scene in the movie is the one in the garbage compactor.
"It could be worse." (Princess Leia)
"It is worse." (Han Solo)
Or maybe the one in the bar when Han Solo blows away one of the aliens.
"Pardon the mess."
Did you love it? Or miss it completely and wonder what the fuss is all about?