- Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone will star as Ranger and Morelli.
- Lee Child will write a standalone.
- Anthony Hopkins will play the Wizard of Oz.
- Twinkies will be back in the supermarkets with flavored fillings and chocolate coating.
- Dennis Lehane will wear chinos and a Polo shirt in public but refuse to be photographed wearing them.
- Petitions will be filed and hazelnuts will reappear in mixed nuts.
- No one will remember Honey Boo Boo.
- Kalinda will be charged with murder on The Good Wife; she did it, but she'll get off.
- The world will not end.
- At least a half dozen thrillers will have as their premise a massive failure in "the cloud."
- There will still be books.
- I will finally get an e-reader just in time to discover that they are obsolete.
- Julia will run for school board and take up synchronized swimming.
- Jan will run away to sea.
- Ro will climb tall mountains and have exciting news.
- Roberta will discover she likes skate but she will not admit it.
- Kaye will get HER BOOK out there and continue to delight us.
- There will be reports of Hank complaining, but they will be unsubstantiated.
- Debs will get arrested during a guided tour of Scotland Yard.
- Rhys will have tea with Kate Middleton.
- My lemon tree will grow back its leaves.
- At Jungle Red Writers, the beat will go on!
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
HALLIE EPHRON: Happy 2013 everyone! Today I am inspired to go out on a limb and make a few predictions for the new year.